Sunday, April 8, 2012

I Trashed my House


John 3:16, “For God so Loved the world, that He gave His Only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.”


God gave Himself to come from the perfect place, heaven, and place Himself in human form to die and come back to life just so we could be with Him both now and forever.  Kinda sounds like a story from the ‘Iliad’ or ‘Odyssey’, but this story is true and the more you read the Bible and put it all together the more you have to recognize it is truth.  Former atheist, CS Lewis was one of many to seek to prove the Bible’s invalidity and instead come out a believer. He authored several books, such as, the Chronicles of Narnia, but “Mere Christianity” is worth the read if you’re curious about how an atheist becomes a radical follower of Christ (his vocabulary is broad so have a dictionary on hand, just in case ;). )  




Yesterday, I trashed my house! :)


Materials: 
index cards
fine tip sharpie or ink pen
God’s Promises book (so you can easily look up Bible verses for what you need)
tape


Instructions:
Find verses from the God’s Promises book (you can find book in Walmart, Target, or any book store) and write a verse on each index card.  Tape cards up around the house in places you stand long enough to read them. Like over the kitchen sink, in the bathroom, on the washer or dryer, on light switches everywhere...   Daily live in the reminders to dwell in His Love. 
One of the passages I used today is really standing out in my mind; so I’m going to share it with you: Psalm 139 is such a terrific chapter, every single word is rich with gut level personal value!!



O Lord, you have searched me
and you know me.
You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar.
You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.
Before a word is on my tongue
you know it completely, O Lord.
You hem me in—behind and before;
you have laid your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too lofty for me to attain.
Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,
even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.
If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me
and the light become night around me,”
even the darkness will not be dark to you;
the night will shine like the day,
for darkness is as light to you.
For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.
How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
Were I to count them,
they would outnumber the grains of sand.
When I awake,
I am still with you.
If only you would slay the wicked, O God!
Away from me, you bloodthirsty men!
They speak of you with evil intent;
your adversaries misuse your name.
Do I not hate those who hate you, O Lord,
and abhor those who rise up against you?
I have nothing but hatred for them;
I count them my enemies.
Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.
See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting (NIV, www.biblos.com)


When you read this, what you need to learn from it will stand out to you, each time I’ve read it a different part is more evident. Today, I’m so thankful to God for His consistency in Loving us, for His steadiness to stay the same toward us despite our position to Him. During the years when I wasn’t looking to follow Him, He still subtly worked in my heart growing me and preparing me, I could not hide from Him (Psalm 139).  Jeremiah 29:11, “For I know the plans I have toward you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”  And I did still listen in some areas;then, from January until the beginning of March I prayed that God would bring me back to the joy of His salvation, He did that and He also gave me a willing heart.  I indeed feel free!


Happy Easter, everyone!! <3

1 comment:

  1. I love the way God works...I too have been reading Psalms 139...and here you mention it again - it is as if He was sayin...'see, you all need to know this so well you never doubt my love in each moment of your life'. So glad I got a glimpse of you and your family yesterday...God is good and His mercy and love endure forever.

    ReplyDelete