Sunday, April 29, 2012

Hide and Seek

There have been several times over the last 10ish years that I've asked God what to do in specific situations, but not constantly or consistently.  There was a lot more hiding in the last 10+ years than there was seeking.  Today, I realized that I still have a tendency to do things without acknowledging Him or asking Him if such and such is what I should or shouldn't do.  Today I made a decision with out asking Him because I was afraid He'd say no; He probably would have.  I hid.

I'm tired of hiding my life from God. I'm sick of this habit.  I want to seek God, like when a child playing hide and go seek is "it" and seeks his friends who are hiding with everything he has in order to win.  The thing is God is not hiding!! We can seek Him and we will find Him.  Psalm 119:2, "Blessed are they who...seek Him with all their heart" (NIV).  I want to be blessed, don't you?

Matthew 7: 7-12a, “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.  For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened. “Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone?  Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you" (NIV).

Saturday is such a weird day in my week. Its different from M-F which is when I do most of my Bible reading on a treadmill at the gym. Saturday comes and I'm focused on all the things I've needed to do all week and get them done all in one day because the children are occupied with Scott & its not a homeschool day.  I'm at the end of my day now and I've prayed, but did not read the Bible today and I can totally tell.   Its like I'm hydrated from the prayer but still hungry for the Word.  hm. I wasn't expecting that. didn't see it coming.  I'll post this tomorrow, which will be Sunday morning but I'm gonna get off of here so I can go seek & find.

No comments:

Post a Comment