Saturday, April 14, 2012

Sifted

Remember that I said before, Satan desires to have you, that He may sift you as wheat (Luke 22:31).  "Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour" (1 Peter 5:8, NIV).
Today for the first time in I don't really know how long, maybe ever, I noticed that he tried to sift me. wow.
Just now I'm really surprised. I prayed much of the day for deliverance and fresh focus.  Here I am, finally getting to know God again, falling in Love with Him fresh and anew, trusting Him & being obedient... and BAM!  Here comes that roaring lion.   I'm really glad that God is carrying me! So I was Bible reading and  God spoke clearly into my heart and showed me how I was starting to do something, and wanted me alert on the task at hand and not on any minor distraction.   Life is completely about relationships and getting  focused on parts of life that are inevitable is purely a waste of time.

This one tiny shift in focus really wasn't a big deal if I looked at it for what it is today, if God hadn't told me to stop it wouldn't even be considered a sin!!.  On the other hand, if I look at it for what it could become 5 and 10 and 20 years from now it could destroy the part of my life that is vital to stay focused on, which is why the Lord asked me to stop in the first place.  He can see the whole picture while I'm only living in a very tiny part of it today, so why not trust the One who sees it all and wants to give me what's best? Romans 8:28, "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose" (NIV).  Plus, its obvious I should stop because my first inclination was to keep going with it.  ah... obedience in the "little" things (or seemingly little)... Thank you Lord for not only giving me the joy of your salvation again but thank you also for giving me a willing heart (Psalm 51:12).  Please keep me and carry me daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment