Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Change is Obvious

 Luke 17:11-19, "Now on his way to Jerusalem, Jesus traveled along the border between Samaria and Galilee. As he was going into a village, ten men who had leprosy met him. They stood at a distance and called out in a loud voice, “Jesus, Master, have pity on us!”When he saw them, he said, “Go, show yourselves to the priests.” And as they went, they were cleansed.  One of them, when he saw he was healed, came back, praising God in a loud voice.  He threw himself at Jesus’ feet and thanked him—and he was a Samaritan.  Jesus asked, “Were not all ten cleansed? Where are the other nine?  Was no one found to return and give praise to God except this foreigner?” Then he said to him, “Rise and go; your faith has made you well"  (NIV). 

These 10 men had the faith to ask for help from Jesus,  enough faith to obey Him when He told them to go see the priests, and enough faith to know beyond a shadow of a doubt that doing what He said would heal them.  I'm sure they had heard the stories of how Jesus was miraculously healing people and they just believed.  When God comes down and changes a life, it is obvious. 

I think my faith in the last long while has been just a small glimmer. Flickering.  Most of the time I knew He could do anything but, I wasn't sure He Loved me enough to care.  I'm so thankful to be choosing to receive His Love again and as I'm reading through the Bible & working through a Bible Study Workbook, I'm beginning to see more than ever how immeasurable His Love really is!!  It is my understanding from the teaching of Proverbs 3:1-8 that once we know God, we can then Love Him and if we love Him then we'll also trust Him...  Most of us never do get to know Him, much less love or  trust Him. I know I sure was a ways off for several years, but walking back into it again, it is clearly evident that I MUST get to KNOW Him... more than I ever have.  I need to Know Him for myself, because I made His Word personal for me. I remember that as I get to know Him with each passing day that I'll also daily learn to truly Love & Trust Him like never before because when I (we) trust God I can also come in to full obedience to Him who Loves me beyond measure. Like these 10 leprous men we can also be made whole through faith.  It is when we know Him, love Him, trust Him, & finally obey Him that we are, through complete faith, made whole & satisfied (read Proverbs:3:8).  Then praise be to God the maker of all for His guidance in getting us fully to Himself!

go to: www.biblos.com to read Proverbs 3:1-8.


No comments:

Post a Comment