Monday, April 23, 2012

Truth

not every day is victorious.  choosing not to walk in victory is also choosing to walk in a bit of misery today.  so far today i've made bad choices and then it comes the time of day that i have no choice but to confront myself and be honest.  i did commit to write this blog every single day for a year.  i can see what God is doing here, it is becoming utterly clear.  when i didn't have a reason to be completely honest with myself, i also didnt bother confronting myself about anything either. not confronting myself also led to not going to God and although I've prayed today, I havent been honest with myself or with Him.  sigh...

Ephesians 6:14, "Stand your ground, putting on the belt of truth..."(NLT).

1.  God's word, the Bible, is truth.  We are sanctified (made holy or set apart) by the truth of the Word of God.  Reading, meditating, & memorizing are of the utmost importance to stand our ground & put on the belt of truth, which holds the entire armor of God on.

John 17:15-19, "My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one. They are not of the world, even as I am not of it. Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth. As you sent me into the world, I have sent them into the world.  For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified"--Jesus praying to God the Father (NIV).

Psalm 119:11, "I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you" (NIV).


2.  The Truth of the Word of God is truth & being completely honest with ourselves and toward God is also truth.  I've been being honest with others, but not completely with myself or with God in a particular matter.  This isn't the first time this has happened.  I get involved in a bad habit and don't want to give it up; it could be any habit. The fact of the matter is that if I'm not willing to give it up it can create a stronghold & if its a sin then it will steal my joy of the Lord which is my strength. Getting with God, admitting the habit (whether sin or opening to a stronghold which is then sin) is truth and asking for help to walk in the way He knows is best for me will help me to keep my joy of the Lord. It helps me to stay strong & keeps my belt of Truth fully on and my entire armor of God held up.

John 4:23, "Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks" (NIV).


2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad His mercies are new every morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sloughing off the old nature, making all things concerning you NEW!

    ReplyDelete