Friday, June 1, 2012

Amelia is ONE!

Today was Amelia's FIRST Birthday.  I cried.  I'm always excited to celebrate the milestone of each new age, but I grieve the past as I say good-bye to the baby years.  I do this at every birthday for all of my children, I was so so sad when Madelyn turned 3 and then Isabelle, I doubt this year will be any different when Nathan turns 3.  I LOVE 2 year olds; I know I must be nuts, but I do love every bit of 2.  I Love 3 too and am sad when they turn 4... it continues.  I always love the new age they come into as well, I just know that squeezing 2 year old Madelyn will never happen again (and she is turning 7 this summer).  I'll probably be pushing for grandchildren early too.  This explains why I have 4 children doesn't it?  We may still adopt too!  I love being with my children, of course I need to go away and do things without them, but I genuinely enjoy their company.  I look forward to taking new moms food now, to pay it forward and to get the opportunity to hold a new born again! :) win/ win.

As it is our family's tradition to go out for ice cream on our birthdays, we went out today.  First we went to Chic-fil-la for lunch & I planned to take them to Coldstone for icecream.  The children begged and begged for icecream while we were at Chic-fil-la and I told them no because I had something better planned.  They begged and begged.  I remember a time when I did that with God and now that a few years has passed I clearly see that He had something better in mind.  If He is saying 'no' it is because there is something better He has planned.  Coldstone's icecream is way better than Chicfila's and our entire family agreed! 

Happy Birthday sweet baby Amelia Violet, I hope one day you'll know and truly understand how much I love you and am so incredibly happy you were born and that you are mine!  I'm so sad your first year has passed, but so so excited about all of your early years ahead of us!! I love you precious girl & am thrilled that I have the opportunity to walk along with you as you grow up into a lady!

1 comment:

  1. For us, One was the reminder that we had made it through and everyone was okay. As mine have grown, each year has been an adventure...but my favorite preschool age was definitely 4! Then I have a favorite elementary age, pre teen age, teen age...you get the idea.

    ReplyDelete