Friday, June 8, 2012

Hungry?

In the past few weeks I keep coming across scripture (unintentionally) that has to do with "eating" the Word of God, that it is like honey. Here are a few to read and think on; I will add to the list and comment tomorrow. <3

Psalm 81:10 “I am the Lord, your God, the one who brought you out of the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide and I will fill it! 

 Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, it is not Moses who has given you the bread from heaven, but it is my Father who gives you the true bread from heaven. For the bread of God is the bread that comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.” “Sir,” they said, “always give us this bread.” Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. John 6:32-35

"Let them give thanks to the LORD for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for men, for he satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things". - Psalm 107:9


"When your words came, I ate them; they were my joy and my heart's delight, for I bear your name, O LORD God Almighty." -Jeremiah 15:16

"And he said to me, “Son of man, eat what is before you, eat this scroll; then go and speak to the people of Israel.” So I opened my mouth, and he gave me the scroll to eat.
Then he said to me, “Son of man, eat this scroll I am giving you and fill your stomach with it.” So I ate it, and it tasted as sweet as honey in my mouth".-- Ezekiel 3:1-3



No comments:

Post a Comment