Saturday, June 2, 2012

Go First.

There is such a wonderful thing about getting totally alone with God.  I think a lot of Christians feel stagnant, because we are so overly involved in life that time with Him gets neglected.  It seems odd that He would ever come last, but it easily happens as the demands of the day pile up & press down on us robbing us of time.  Shouldn't we be scheduling God in first?  He is most important after all?  Its easy to make excuses, but if we're honest with ourselves and "face to face" with God there is no excuse.  In the past few weeks God has been dealing with me bit by bit about how I spend my time.  I've responded by taking out several things that ate up my time and tonight through a friend He pointed out how there are still little things that eat up bits of time through out the day.  Its strange how that happens. Pinterest reels me in far longer than I ever intend to stay :/. The more I purposely sift out of my life the more I wonder how in the world I was doing it all, & I think the better parent I'm becoming.  I think my relationship with God was getting better with each passing day until there were a couple days 2 weeks ago when I was disobedient and I moved and I haven't' spent the same time with Him I had since.  I totally just realized it tonight. Its so easy to let things slip away, which is why we need to get totally alone with God each day to  hear from Him through His Word & to pray. There is nothing more important; all the other important things can wait for God to go first.

No comments:

Post a Comment