Thursday, June 28, 2012

hidden

Insecurity can swallow up your entire life if you let it. Every single part of it.  Some people may not be as insecure as others but the fact of the matter is that everyone is insecure in some part of their life. Its certainly hiding in parts of my life that I never even remotely recognized before today. Earlier I prayed. I asked God to show me and point out the times when insecurity raises up so I have the opportunity to choose to believe His truths instead of the lies circling in my mind.  Several times today He showed me, and I had to choose to reel my thoughts back in and claim His truth or not. I am determined to hide myself in Him. Psalm 143:9,"Rescue me from my enemies, O LORD, for I hide myself in you. Rescue me from my enemies, LORD; I run to you to hide me."  I am so often my own worst enemy, but instead I am learning to hide myself in Him that I might be able to learn His truth about me. I am valuable beyond what I can even understand, God has proven that with His Life, with Jesus' sacrifice of Himself.  John 3:16, ""For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."
Being redeemed from this pit of insecurity is interesting, painful, & worth it. I'm happy to be stepping out, one foot at a time, holding the hand of Christ.  He makes it possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment