Friday, June 29, 2012

Hungry?

Today while in prayer I was reminded to be in the Word, to eat it, it is as sweet as honey to mysoul... I've been reading some very good books lately and am so interested in them, all I want to read is these books by really great authors. Staying Christ focused in the midst of spiritual growth requires not wrapping up so much in it that it becomes personal growth and is self focused. The 2 appear to be the same thing at first glance, but 1 is counterfeit to God growing fruit of the Spirit in the believer. I've got to be in the Word much more than I have this week, not that I shouldn't read the books I've been reading. I definitely benefited from reading them but I'm hungry for the meat of the Word of God & didn't recognize it until this afternoon. Much like being hungry for food and getting grumpy and irritable until I eat... Have u seen a Snickers commercial lately? Hungry? The Bible satisfies spiritual hunger.

No comments:

Post a Comment