Saturday, June 9, 2012

Thristy?

These 2 verses are my favorites from yesterday:

"Let them give thanks to the LORD for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for men, for he satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things". - Psalm 107:9


"When your words came, I ate them; they were my joy and my heart's delight, for I bear your name, O LORD God Almighty." -Jeremiah 15:16

Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”  -John 4:13-14

"On the last and greatest day of the Feast, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, “If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him.” By this he meant the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were later to receive. Up to that time the Spirit had not been given, since Jesus had not yet been glorified. " --John 7:37-39


God is saying, 'I can satisfy you, if you come to me and believe in me'

When I eat & drink healthy and regular meals throughout the day, I feel totally satisfied. I can function well, I have more energy, I feel less bloat, it truly is the same way spiritually too.  I want so much to eat more of His word.  Eating spiritually healthy will most definitely help my spiritual body to grow big and strong.  I can't help but remember that old 80s milk ad, "Milk. It does a body good." There's controversy of the accuracy of that milk ad today, but I tell you when we read scripture it does us good.  There are so many verses in the Psalms that talk about eating the scripture and how good it tastes & how satisfying it is.  There are scripture passages that can help us with all kinds of problems, just check out a "God's Promises" book sometime (its a book that categorizes scripture based on questions and issues people have). 

I want more of the Spirit (drink) and more of the Word (food), I picture a huge feast, like the Thanksgivings our grandmothers used to put on (maybe your family still does it that way), I want to feast on the Word and let it completely satisfy me.  There are parts of me that do look forward to the unhealthy dessert both spiritually and physically, and there probably is a time and place for the sinless kind & the physical chocolate cake.  But reading these scriptures that I posted today and yesterday I want to get to the point where I'm doing it regularly and am totally satisfied in His Word and in His Spirit.  No longer hungry or thirsty trying to find anything to eat or drink apart from Him... after all drinking spiritual gasoline is not what was intended for us... What was intended was for us all was for us to drink Living Water who is the Spirit of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment